The Friends of Ferguson Heritage Ltd. - Technical and Legal
A collection of items of a technical or legal nature. This is a new addition to the site, will hopefully increase in size soon.
Submissions for this section or comments are readily accepted, but please let us know before sending pictures, or other attachments-- e-mail the Web Editor
- Serial Numbers and Dates- a partial list.
- Some Ferguson System Patents- not exhaustive but does indicate the thinking behind the system and the evolution of it over a period of time.
- Hydraulics- An attempt to explain how Ferguson's clever hydraulic control works, using animated diagrams.
- TVO Recipes- Tractor Vaporising Oil was withdrawn in 1974, so you have to make your own now.
- UK TVO Licence. TVO is not used much in the UK, so it's surprising that it is now necessary to have a licence to use it.
- Feedback- The FoFH 'Market Place' attracts some interesting questions, which in turn produce informative answers. Here are some of them.
- Registration numbers- A guide to interpreting the registration number of your vehicle.
- County Registration Letters- A list of letters used on number plates by UK counties
- Number Plate Regulations- The (UK) Traffic Law isn't easy for most of us to read, so here it is with Hamish Lowe's interpretation. Hamish is a serving Police Officer with Tayside Police, in Scotland
- Trailer Regulations- and here, the same treatment is given to the law regarding agricultural trailers.